Monday, July 14, 2008

The Next Food Network Star?

So, it was a really great weekend. We didn't do anything really great and exciting but we did relax and have a good time. It seems like I have a lot more of those weekends here. I think it is because I don't have family gatherings to run to. Oh, and the fact that I only work one job! That is the best part.

Since I have more time on my hands on the weekend I have found myself taking on a new hobby. I have started becoming a bit of a chef. I blame it all on the Food Network. Before living with Mike, I didn't have cable or satellite. I knew the Food Network existed I just never had the opportunity to watch it. Well, my new obsession is Guy Fierri on Guy's Big Bite. He is this fun guy from California who comes up with recipes that arent' too fancy but are really good. He throws in his Californian Guido touch to food. He comes up with combinations and ideas I know I would never come up. Plus he always throws in a mixed drink as part of the meal and they always seem to be money. (Money is Guy speak for really good.)


So, this weekend I took on the Greek themed meal that aired a couple of weeks ago. It consisted of rolled grape leaves stuffed with rice and ground beef and cous cous and feta stuffed chicken breasts. I know it sounds like a tall order. Well, surprise of all surprises, I pulled it off! The food was good. Mike said he loved the chicken. I don't know if I will do the grape leaves again because they are a lot of work. I would probably go for the chicken again though. If you ever get the chance, you should check out his show and try some of his recipes. This is the third recipe of his that I have tried. So far we have not been disappointed. If you ever come for a visit I might break out the mad cooking skills.

Do you have any recipes that you love? I would love to hear about some tried and true recipes that are sure to please.

No comments: